Check out our upcoming events and trainings! If you are looking for a specific trip or training date, you can request a different date. Please note that dates are subject to availability.
- This event has passed.
Wilderness First Aid & WFR Re-Certification Open Course
August 24 - August 25$215 – $235
(WFA- 16 hours, 2 days)
If you spend time outdoors, THIS CLASS IS FOR YOU!
Utilizing a mix of class sessions, hands-on practice and emergency scenarios, we teach you how to:
- Recognize and provide care for life-threatening injuries
- Evaluate and provide long-term patient care
- Be a backcountry leader and to SURVIVE!
- Identifying life threatening injuries
- Patient Evaluation and Assessment
- Vital signs
- Traumatic Injuries
- Fractures, Sprains and Dislocations
- Medical Emergencies
- Breathing Emergencies, Heart Attack and Stroke
- Bites, Stings and Allergic Reactions
- Environmental Emergencies (Heat, Cold, Lightning, Drowning)
Course Fee: $215.00
WFR Re-certification Fee: $235.00
Be prepared to spend time outside! Classroom sessions are supported by hands-on training and rescue scenarios. This class is PERFECT if you are just getting started, have a job working outdoors, or want to increase your knowledge and confidence in the wilderness.
Class starts at 8:00 AM and ends around 5:00 PM. Bring a water bottle and lunch.
WFA courses may be eligible for EMT Refresher hours.
*By reserving this course you are agreeing to the Terms And Conditions.